Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Skin - Clear, Smooth & Bright!

I live in the land of 10,000 lakes... A.K.A. Minnesota.  What that means is that from November through April, my skin is severely neglected.

When I would travel to California for business, I stuck out like a sore-thumb.  My pale,white skin looked ashen and my eyes dull.  It was obvious that my poor skin hadn't seen the sun for months.

To help give my skin a healthy "glow" I tried everything from exfoliating, natural oils, tanning lotions and bronzing powders.  These would give me a temporary boost, but that would wear off within 24 hours.  Doing more isn't always better and I felt like my skin was rubbed raw and then caked full of glittery powders and oils.

So what changed?

I started juicing.  I began to let the micronutrients and live enzymes of fresh juice work through my clogged-up organs.  The juice was literally cleansing me from the inside out.  After only one week of juicing, I started to get comments from friends, and even strangers, on how bright blue my eyes looked and how vibrant my face was.  I was "glowing."  The more I heard these compliments, the more I was motivated to keep going.

After months of experimenting, I have found some key ingredient combinations that will help boost, clear and smooth the skin.  When you heal the body at the molecular level, your peripheral organs and tissues will follow suit.  It is the natural progression of targeting health within our vital organs... including our skin!

Skin boosting:

  • One cup of each
    • Strawberries
    • Raspberries
    • Blueberries
    • Blackberries
  • One cucumber
Skin clearing:
  • 2 cucumbers
  • 1 granny smith apple
  • 1 large handful of spinach
  • 1/4 lemon
  • 1 pinch of fresh mint
Skin smoothing:
  • 1 granny smith apple
  • 3 carrots
  • 2 stalks celery
  • 1 cucumber
So, whether you live in the tundra or on the beaches of Australia, our skin can always use some extra attention.  Why not try to incorporate some of the above ingredients into your regular juicing.  Be proactive  with your juicing and start GLOWING!



2 comments:

  1. this is fantastic! I love the recipe "guidelines." thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience so generously!!

    ReplyDelete