Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Morning Juice - Wake up!

You are rolling out of bed, it's cold outside and all you want to do is pretend the baby isn't crying and that the dog could open the back door by herself.

Well... if your life is anything like mine, my alarm promptly reminds me that I am both a parent, a dog owner and a corporate woman.  That means that there is no sleeping in and there is no pressing snooze.  Time to wake up!

One of my favorite ingredients in my morning juice is grapefruit.  I thoroughly enjoy the bright smells and the not-too-sweet citrus flavor.  I can remember being a child and picking fresh grapefruits from my Gramma's backyard.  I would take the warm fruit and bring it right to my nose, taking in that aroma.  I would peel and eat it like an orange... juice running down my face and hands.

This fruit is a perfect wake-me-up ingredient and it's natural health benefits give you a boost right away in the morning.  Some include...
  • High dose of vitamin C which helps to not only reduce inflammation but strengthen the immune system.
  • Skin health through high levels of vitamin A.
  • Weight loss through fat burning enzymes, apatite suppressants and metabolism boosters.
Tomorrow, why not try this simple morning juice recipe... and make sure to let me know how you feel.

Wake-up!
1 grapefruit (peeled)
1 granny smith apple
3 carrots
Handfull of spinnach
1 in cube of ginger
1/2 lemon
*Juice and drink!

Hope you have a fantastic morning!


2 comments:

  1. Shannon! I think I might want to try juicing. What are some good recommendations for juicing to get clear skin? Do you make the juice and sell it? Help me get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! So happy to hear you are interested. When juicing, incorporate a combination of carrots, Aloe, cucumber and celery. Add apple and ginger to flavor. Mix in a glass of a good mix of greens and lots of water. Feel free to give me a call and we can go through a plan for an initial cleanse!

      Delete