With this in mind, I was trying to think of ways to boost my energy and motivation early on so that I wanted to get to the gym... so that I felt like I had the energy to follow-through.
What I discovered...
Beets and carrots, hands down were the best pre-workout ingredients. Why?
- Low calories, high in natural sugars (both) = An amazing initial energy boost
- Essential vitamins and minerals (both) = Maintained nutrient levels through workout
- Folic acid (beets) = Regeneration of new cells and speedy recovery/healing
- Betaine(beets)/boron (both) = Anti-depressant and mood booster
- Beta-carotene (both) = Anti-aging
- Vitamin A (both) = Body cleanser
I loved the feeling of a thrilling boost of energy, increased motivation due to a better mood and the feeling of having sustained energy throughout my workout. Why not try this recipe before your next gym excursion?
Power Workout Red!
1 package of raspberries (or other seasonal berry of choice)
1/4 tsp of cayenne powder (optional and to your liking... be careful!)
Feel the burn!