With that said, my sinuses are not appreciating the prolonged cold weather. The constant drops below 30 degrees F and then up again to 50+ degrees F in the daytime are causing pain, congestion and even a slight sore throat.
Not to get into the gory details, but a little background on Sinusitis - the inflammation of the paranasal sinuses - there are three basic causes:
Sinusitis can last up to 12+ weeks depending upon the stage/type!
- Acute: 10 days - 4 weeks
- Subacute - 4 - 12 weeks
- Chronic - 12+weeks
Basic symptoms include congestion, headaches, sore throats, fatigue, stomach aches and more. Sinusitis may not send you to bed for a week but it certainly hinders your quality of life and ability to function within that life. As we speak my computer screen is turning fuzzy... Must keep typing...
You don't have to keep suffering for 4, 12 even 20 weeks! It's time to speed your recovery until summer can return and burn away this crud.
What do I recommend? My mother's magic solution!
- Juice! (3-5 times per day while starting/showing symptoms)
- Spicy Ginger Juice
- 1 peeled orange
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 green apples
- 1 in ginger (or more if you can stand it!)
- 1 pinch of cayenne powder on top of the glass of juice (again... more if you can stand it!)
- 2 c spinach
- Echinacea - immune booster
- Golden Seal - anti-viral/anti-bacterial
- Nettles - targets sinuses
- Quercetin - targets sinuses
- Vitamin C - immune booster
- Nose spray with grapefruit seed extract - targets sinuses/inflammation
My mom never steered me wrong... and so I pass along to you!
Sinusitis + Juice * Supplements = Feeling HEAPS better!