Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The First Three Days - Think Clean!

I'm on day 3 of an intensive "clean diet" cleanse.  Brian, my brother, came up with the concept and catered the program to fit my lifestyle.  So... I'm trying it out as an option for our program!

Day 3

Last night I went to bed with a killer headache... the kind that pounds and reverberates throughout your whole head, neck and upper back.  I attribute it to the fact that I am cleansing, during extreme weather changes and have completely cut out caffeine and alcohol.  The combination all came together by the end of day two to force me to bed early with a visit to the chiropractor and an ice back on my neck.

I woke up today feeling like a million dollars!  My headache is gone and actually my head is clearer and more alert than it has been in weeks.  I have some before and after pictures that I'll post at the end of the two weeks to show the progress, but within the first three days my jeans are starting to hang off my waste and my stomach is already looking more flat.

So what am I doing?

I'm embracing a "clean diet."  This means that I have cut out most foods that cause inflammation, some key "no-no's" are:

  • Dairy
  • Animal proteins
  • Corn
  • Sand-alone oils
  • Heavy cooking
  • White grains/starches
  • Sweets (white sugar, processed candy, baked goods...)
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
Than what am I eating? 
  • Complex grains (brown or wild rice, quinoa and barley)
  • Sweet Potatoes (roasted or steamed with a tiny pinch of sea salt)
  • Fresh vegetables... any kind... as much as I want
  • Fresh fruits... any kind... as much as I want
  • Fresh juice, mainly greens and herbs with apple, lemon and ginger to taste
  • Tea
  • Coconut meat and water
  • Small handfulls of raw nuts (try to stay away from peanuts)
  • Water... lots and lots of WATER
I'm going to keep the updates coming... in the meantime, if you want more information about this cleanse, let me know.  What a great way to be able to show off that flat stomach for summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment