Lemon is another staple in our juice programs. Not just because it makes us all feel 'happy,' but this miraculous fruit adds a nutrient rich punch with just drops of its juice.
In ancient times the lemon was thought to protect individuals against sickness and infection. Both drinking the juice and using the juice as a topical treatment was a regular practice in fighting off some of the basic diseases that plagued our planet at that time.
These same testimonials reign true to this day! We are just now able to scientifically prove out the claims this bundle of sunshine brings. To start:
- It has both antibacterial and antiviral properties... very rare to find both in one source.
- It is an immune boosting fruit.
- It promotes weight loss through its digestive aid and liver cleansing properties.
- It is an alkaline food and contrary to popular belief it neutralizes the acidic affects within the body. Thus reducing inflammation and reducing most pain caused by inflammation.
Besides flavor, this zesty fruit packs a nutrient punch as well! A few of these nutrients are:
- Citric Acid
- Vitamin C
As if this fruit couldn't do anything more... it comes through to help with:
- Aroma therapy to lift the mood, reduce anxiety and energize the body, mind and spirit!
- A general skin tonic that can help heal almost anything from acne and bug bites to Eczema and other rashes.
This bright, juicy 'power fruit' is a must-have when juicing. It not only helps to brighten up the flavor of our juice, it has many very important jobs to perform. Joy and health through juice... is there a better way to accomplish that? We think not!