More than likely sodium will play a HUGE part in your weekend. A little salt on those fresh corn chips... a salt-rimmed margarita... braised meets and salsa... YUM! So, instead of cutting out all the fun, how about these simple tips to help you manage your way through this savory weekend!
Start each weekend day with...
- 2-3 large glasses of room temperature water with a 1/4 of a squeezed lemon and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt (I know... combat salt with salt? But it works!).
- 1 large glass of fresh juice: 80% greens/10% sweet vegetables/10% fruit. Not the tastiest of the ratios but it will set you up for a MUCH better day.
- A banana.
Before you indulge...
- 1 large glass of water with fresh, muddled mint and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 1 serving/1 c of a complex grain (quinoa, brown rice, sprouted grain, spelt...). I like a toasted piece of sprouted grain toast drizzled with a little bit of honey!
- 1 green apple.
End each weekend day with...
- 1 large glass of room temperature water with a 1/4 of a squeezed lemon and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt.
- A 4 oz shot of juice (weat grass or straight, dark greens: spinach, kale...etc).
This won't CURE the damage completely but it will help with...
- Reducing bloating
- Minimal water weight gain
- Flushing the system of immediate toxins
- Regulating hunger
- Regulating blood sugar levels
- Reducing cravings
- Increased energy and awareness
- Reduce hangover symptoms
- And much more!
Have a fun and safe weekend my Juice-mates!