Needless to say... that mug of coffee is doing the exact opposite of what I want it to do... Wake me up!
We all know that coffee has caffeine in it. What you might not know is the affect coffee has on your body vs. what natural fruits, vegetables and juices can do!
Coffee - One small cup in all it's supposed glory!
- 1 small cup has over 150 mg of caffeine (image what a grande has!)
- Stimulates the central nervous system by mimicking stress (fight or flight responses) within the body.
- Produces Cortosol which increases belly fat production
- Taxing on adrenals, tissues and major organs
- Dehydrates and leaches vitamins and minerals from the body
- It takes 3 cups of water to replenish the body from 1 cup of coffee
- Increases signs of aging
- Lowers energy
- Increases bloating
- Imbalanced blood sugar
- Carb cravings
- Mood swings
No wonder coffee causes you to crash just hours after consumption!
Fresh Juice or Fresh Fruits/Vegetables - One cup in all its actual glory!
- Released slowly through the body for sustained energy
- 1 cup of juice has as much energy as up to 3 cups of coffee!
- Contains natural sugars
- Increases cell health and regeneration
- Contains nutrients and minerals that coffee does not
- Hydrates the body
- Regulates blood sugar
- Powerful life enzymes
- "Blood building" capabilities
- Slow release of natural sugars/energy
- Best of all... NO CRASHES!
So next time you reach for something to "wake you up" in the morning, reach for a piece of fruit or make a glass of juice! You will be amazed at the difference in the kind of energy you will feel.
Try this as a morning wake-up alternative!
Green Tea Morning Cooler
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed green tea - chilled
- 2 green apples
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cucumber
- Small bunch of mint