Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just As A Horse...

"Just as a horse will manufacture all the protein it needs for it's strong musculature from greens, so too will a human." ~Natalia Rose (Author of "The Raw Food Detox Diet")

This phrase has gotten a lot of hype on blog and discussion postings.  Raw food fanatics are raving about it's truths and the all-American meat and potato eaters are claiming it is made-up and false.  There are arguments both ways and in reality it is a statement that works to support how a body's metabolism and chemistry actually manufacture protein and nutrients from the very foods and liquids we intake.  

What a concept!

Plant-based proteins do in fact exist.  Examples are:
  • Asparagus
  • Dark greens (Beet greens, broccoli, collard, kale, mustard, spinach, chard, turnip greens)
  • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Sprouts
  • Tomatoes
  • The list goes on...
A well rounded routine means that you must determine what works for you!  Each body is different.  Each body vibrates at a different frequency.  Each body requires it's own unique balance of energy, nutrients and exercise.  There is no magic formula to fit all.  

It is VITAL that we remove stigmas and false, blanket statements about health.  Wipe the slate clean and start doing your own research.  You will be amazed at what you find rings true for you.

One example is that last year I tried a high protein powder diet.  The idea was to match my body weight with 1 gram of protein each day.  What ended up happening is that I would fill up on any type of protein imaginable (powder, nuts, cheese, meat...) until I was too full to eat anything fresh.  My body was so dense and my system felt so "heavy."  My mood was gloomy and I felt "off."  After two months I had not lost a pound.  In fact I had gained 5 pounds.  This program was obviously not for me! 

So... I found a different way to get protein on a regular basis.  One that worked with my body.

For me, juicing became "the way."  I found that juicing made me feel light, happy, energetic and more aware. I started thinking more clearly, sleeping regularly and am now able to focus on the important parts of my life.  

Based on results, my body is in-fact able to manufacture the nutrients (including protein) it needs based on what I intake.  The form from which it comes is obsolete... because it works for me!

What works for you?








No comments:

Post a Comment